The following information has been received from our Diocesan Office:
“Positive Dementia Care – a creative toolkit’ 2-day course”
This is based on over ten-years practice-research by author and tutor Karrie Marshall, for joyful and creative ways of connecting with people who are living with dementia, through to end of life care.
The course is aimed at people interested in working creatively to support meaningful interactions, identity, inclusion and connection for better quality professional care.
The 2-day Positive Dementia Care course aims to:
- Deepen knowledge & understanding about the importance of creativity and learning in dementia care
- Improve person-centred and equalities awareness
- Show the Six-Step B.I.C.E.P.S model for strengthening connections
- Enable you to create your own toolkit of skills and ideas for meaningfulinteractions
- Better understand the transforming power of love and compassion
- Increase knowledge about maintaining healthy brainsThe programme is in response to questions from care managers, staff and artists about how to engage with people whose memory, concentration, communication, or ability to make sense of things, is affected by brain disease or long term conditions. Costs include materials, refreshments & light lunches.
Next dates in Inverness are:
February 23rd and 24th 10:15am-4pm each day, Spectrum Centre, Inverness IV1 1LS (Please note this venue has stairs and a more accessible venue will be used in later Spring)
If you would like further information, please do get in contact.
With kindest regards
Chris King (admin)
Creativity In Care TM CIC (SC438310)
Mobile 07716 111585
Business Address: Suite 333, 24 Station Square, Inverness, IV11LD